Chair of the section: Janīna Sētiņa
Address: Azenes street 14, Riga, LV-1048
Phone: +371 67089257;
Fax: +371 67615765;
Lines of action
Section combines research staff and production specialists employed in dealing with:
- glass fibers (E-type glass, glass with high silica content and optical quartz glass fibers);
- various glassware (glass insulation materials, glass construction, including different glass elements);
- studies of glass and crystalline glass materials.
Working with glassware manufacturers in Latvia:
JSC Valmiera Fiberglass, in the following studies:
- fiberglass malformation causes and prevention options
- glass-fiber felt insulation parameter studies
- Use of eco-friendly materials of glass melting,
- reducing emissions of the glass melting process.
LLC “GroGlass” – SiO2, TiO2 nano coating on glass with magnetron sputtering. Study of physical and chemical properties of coated glass with high light transmission.
LLC “N-Light” – Improvement of optical fiber optic properties.
Glass recycling problem solving – in collaboration with JSC “ECO Investors”, physical and chemical properties of recycled glass plates were tested
Section members are active participants in JSC Inspecta Latvia
Identification and summary of regulatory documents – Glass in construction.
Adaptation of European standard “Glass in construction building” for Latvian standard.
Presentations at conferences and congresses – regular participation with papers in international glass congresses, European conferences, and EUROMAT conferences.