Chair of the section: Jānis Rižikovs
Address: Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry, Dzērbenes Street 27, Riga, LV-1006
Lines of action:
- Wood and processed products thereof;
- modification of wood materials;
- wood protection.
Wood is a key natural resource of Latvia. Forests cover more than 50% of country territory. The Latvian timber industry’s annual turnover is about 1,5 billion LVL. Production goods worth more than 1 billion LVL is exported.
Latvian timber processing organizations and exporters are united in multiple associations, which are located in Riga, Skaistkalnes street 1:
- Association “Latvian Tree”, chairman and president: Juris Biķis, executive director: Andris Plezers, Address: Skaistkalnes street 1, Riga, LV-1004, Phone: +371 67228374, Fax: +371 67860268, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latvian Wood Processing Companies and Exporters Association, President: Andrew Domkins, executive director: Jānis Mārciņš, Address: Skaistkalnes street 1, Riga, LV-1004, Phone: +371 67067370, Fax: +371 67860268, E-mail: email@example.com
- Latvian Timber Producers and Traders Association, president: Jānis Apsītis, Board member: Harijs Jordāns, Address: Skaistkalnes street 1, Riga, LV-1004, Phone: +371 67067369, Fax: +371 6780268, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: http://www.latviantimber.lv
- Association “Latvian furniture”, Chairman of the Board-President: Aivars Einauss, executive director: Andris Plezers, Address: Skaistkalnes street 1, Riga, LV-1004, Phone: +371 67228374, E-mail: email@example.com
Scientific research and testing is carried out in several institutes and laboratories:
- Latvian state institute of wood chemistry – Riga;
- Latvian state forest science institute “Silava” – Jurmala;
- Forest and wood products research and development institute – Jelgava