Chair of the section: Remo Merijs-Meri
Address: Paula Valdena Str.3, LV-1048
Lines of action
- polymers, properties and technology thereof;
- polymer composites and nano-composites, properties and technology thereof;
- organic coatings, properties and technology thereof;
- material recycling and ecology;
- polymer, coating and composite testing.
International Conferences and Events
- Organization and participation in annual international Baltic polymer symposium;
- Organization and participation in international conference “Mechanics of Composite Materials” (every two years).
- Testing and evaluation of properties for polymers, composites, and organic coatings;
- consultancy and technical assistance for Latvian polymer material manufacturers;
- expertise services.
Contacts and partners
- LAS Institute of polymer mechanics;
- LAS institute of wood chemistry;
- LAS Institute of microbiology;
- LAS institute of solid state physics;
- Latvian Building Materials Manufacturers Association;
- Latvian Window and Door Industry Association.
- Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania);
- University of Kassel (Germany);
- Materials Science Institute of Madrid (Spain);
- Szczecin University of Technology (Poland);
- Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia);
- Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (Finland).
LMRS polymer material and coating unit is represented in:
- AS Inspecta Latvia;
- Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) department “Ekspertīze”
- Building Materials Technical Committee.